Our store was founded by Dixon Smith, a friend of A. Hays Town who designed the building that we occupy today. The store began as a “Design Studio” on St. Charles St. in Baton Rouge. Dixon was one of the first designers in Baton Rouge to bring antique containers from England and France. She is known for her love of clean lines in her interiors. We have taken that love and applied it to the modern lines that we carry today. Another staple was that “room and furniture are to be used and enjoyed.” We want you to come and visit our showroom. Come sit on our sofas, look at our art. You will feel at home. Dixon Smith Interiors is a store with a 60 year history that has evolved over time, but still maintains its good looks and friendly knowledgeable designers.
Here’s what you can expect:
- A friendly greeting when you walk in the door.
- Knowledgeable designers, who love what they do and want to help.
- A 5000 sq. ft. showroom with a mix of Traditional and Contemporary furnishings from around the world.
- A 5200 sq. ft. adjacent warehouse that people love to prowl through.
- A store that loves clean lines in every detail.
- A store with a 60 year history that is fresh and relevant.